Careers are hard to sort out, so let me help make it easier.
I am a Certified Master of Career Services (CMCS). I design and teach professional development in higher ed, which I have done for more than 10 years. I coach academics, staff, graduate students, and higher ed professionals on how to change careers and thrive.
What do I do?
I career coach individuals 1:1, consult with higher ed departments looking for help in addressing diverse career paths for graduate students, and teach courses in career development.
Why do my clients choose me?
- I’ve been there, done that. I am an academic who changed careers myself. I can help you do it, too.
- I understand the unique challenges academics face, and how to help you overcome them.
- I have more than 15 years of experience in higher ed. I know how much the job market has changed, & the odds you’re up against. My advice is grounded in supporting you to explore, embrace, and launch diverse paths.
- I know what it’s like to be laid off…and how to bounce back!
- I have been career coaching academics for 10 years.
- As a woman, and a mom, I understand that sometimes work stops “working” for your stage of life.
- Launching your next is hard work, and I’m dedicated to helping guide you through it to make it easier!
How to Get Started
I provide expert guidance tailored to you, your circumstances, needs, and goals through Career Lab sessions.
Career Lab sessions are for you, whether you are
- looking for help in starting a career after grad school,
- considering a career change,
- wanting to learn how to help and support grad students’ diverse career paths,
- seeking information about my on-demand courses, or anything else.
The first Career Lab consultation is always free, to learn about you and assess your needs.
Typically, clients then need
- a monthly Career Lab appointment (for 3 or 6 months)
- an individual Career Lab appointment, as few or as many as you need