Careers are hard to sort out, so let me help make it easier for you.
I’m Beth. I am the founder and owner of Academics at Work. I am a Certified Career Services Provider (CCSP) and an “alt-ac” (alternative academic). I have been working in professional development in higher ed for 10 years, coaching graduate students, postdocs, and academic staff on how to change and thrive in a new career.
I can help you explore your options, make plans, improve your cover letter and resume, look for work, and embark on a new career.
I am on a mission to help you find and thrive in a new career.
Every day, I help clients just like you. Why do my clients choose me?
- I’ve been there, done that. I am an academic who changed careers myself, & I’ve been thriving in a rewarding field ever since. I’m here to help you do the same!
- I’m a Certified Career Services Provider. I’ve been coaching clients on career planning and development for 10 years.
- I specialize in coaching academics. I know what you’re up against. A higher ed landscape that has forever changed. A scarcity of permanent jobs in your field. Changing careers is hard work, and I’m here to guide you through it!
Schedule Your Career Lab Appointment Today
I provide expert guidance tailored to you and your needs through my Career Lab coaching sessions. These 1:1 individual sessions are your time, to address your unique needs.
I start all new clients with a free consultation me to learn about you and your needs. This helps us figure out what support you need and make a plan for how we will turn a plan into action.
Once we do the free consultation, I will invite you to sign up for either
- a monthly Career Lab appointment (for 3 or 6 months) at $125/hour
- an individual Career Lab session at $150/hour